Website loading time is important because it can affect how users perceive and interact with your website. Google today gives great importance for mobile page speed. We all know that if the website loads slowly, people will not have the patience to wait. They will simply leave. This is called the bounce rate. Google says that if the website loading time increases from 1 second to 3 seconds, the bounce rate increases to 32%, and if it goes to 10 seconds, the bounce rate becomes 123%(Source: Google/SOASTA Research, 2017). This means most of the mobile visitors will lose patience and leave before the website loads. Google has published best practices for web page performance, which recommend that web pages should load in under two seconds. Some of the reasons why website loading time is important include:
- Slow loading times can lead to :
- High bounce rates. If a website takes too long to load, users may become frustrated and leave before the page finishes loading. This can lead to a high bounce rate, which is a measure of how many users leave a website after viewing only one page.
- Poor user experience: Slow loading times can make a website difficult to use, as users have to wait longer for content to load. This can lead to a negative perception of the website and make users less likely to return.
- Lower search engine rankings: Search engines like Google may rank websites with faster loading times higher in search results.
- Decreased conversion rates: Slow loading times can negatively impact your conversion rates, as users may be less likely to complete a purchase or form submission if it takes too long for the page to load.
- Negative impact on mobile users: Slow loading times can be especially frustrating for mobile users, who may have limited data plans or be using slower internet connections. This can lead to a negative perception of the website on mobile devices.
- Fast loading times have the following advantages
- Improved user experience: Fast loading times can make a website more enjoyable to use, as users don’t have to wait as long for content to load. This can lead to a more positive perception of the website.
- Higher search engine rankings: As mentioned earlier, search engines like Google may rank websites with faster loading times higher in search results. This can lead to more organic traffic and visibility for your website.
- Increased conversion rates: Fast loading times can lead to increased conversion rates, as users are more likely to complete a purchase or form submission if the website loads quickly.
- Better mobile performance: Fast loading times are especially important for mobile users, who may have limited data plans or be using slower internet connections. A fast loading website can provide a better user experience for mobile users.
- Reduced bounce rates: Fast loading times can lead to lower bounce rates, as users are less likely to become frustrated and leave the website before it finishes loading. This can improve the overall performance of your website.
Overall, it is important to focus on creating fast loading web pages in order to provide a good user experience and improve the performance of your website. This can involve using a fast website builder, optimising images and other resources, and following best practices for web performance. SiteGalore White Label Website Builder is one such website builder that follows all website guidelines, best practices to build websites that load under 2 seconds. This gives its customers all the above advantages of fast loading websites. So choose your website builder wisely!